D6: Power BI (2-3 days)
Create stunning interactive reports and share amazing insights! Power BI gives Excel users the power to extract data from multiple sources, link it together, perform calculations and create powerful visualisations.
What is Power BI – Take a look here?
Power BI is an AMAZING cloud-based business analytics service provided by Microsoft that allows users to transform data into rich, interactive visual reports that present a 360-degree business view and improve business decision making.
Power BI Desktop is a development platform from Microsoft that allows users to connect to a huge range of data sources, clean and transform messy data, create relationships between data sets, perform calculations and prepare stunning interactive reports.
Power BI.com allows users to publish their interactive reports and share certain features of those reports with others. Reports published to PowerBI.com can be set to refresh automatically and can be interacted with online using any browser or mobile device.
|23 Aug - 24 Aug 2017|| |
|23 Aug - 25 Aug 2017|| |
Key Advantages of Power BI
- Easily connect to multiple data sources, including Excel files, SQL Databases, Google Analytics, SharePoint, CSVs, ODBC and many more
- Quickly prepare raw data for analysis by recording data transformations
- Simply drag and drop to easily create relationships between different data sources. NO VLOOKUP REQUIRED!
- Create custom report calculations for measuring profitability, margins, KPIs and any other desired areas using the powerful DAX formula language
- Easily prepare interactive data visualisations colour-coordinated with corporate colours using built-in or custom templates
- Quickly publish reports to Power BI.com for users to interact with using any browser, mobile phone or tablet
- Customize user data views with
This is an intermediate course and users should already be comfortable with Excel Pivot Tables or Database development to get the most from this course.
Preparing Dashboard Data
• Importing from different data sources into Power BI Desktop
• Cleaning and transforming data
• Delving into “Get Data” and Exploring “M” code
• Joining multiple data tables together and understanding relationships
• Creating and utilizing a Calendar Table
• Exploring DAX formulas and creating calculated measures
Creating Interactive Visualizations
• Creating interactive visualizations
• Adding/changing information presented in a visualization
• Incorporating custom visuals
• Adding custom color schemes to a dashboard
• Exploring the latest “in-preview” features
• Publishing and sharing dashboards
• Setting up workspaces
• Creating content packs / apps
• Adding alerts to dashboard tiles
• Setting up gateways to refresh on-premises data
• Scheduling data refreshes
• Setting up row-level security
Recommended optional 3rd day
Provides attendees the ability to explore their own data and solve their reporting challenges with an experienced instructor there to help as required.
This course provides 7.5 contact hours per day towards continuing education requirements.
Comprehensive course notes plus a thumb drive are included.
Who should attend?
- Excel users & analysts that focus on extracting, re-organizing and analyzing data
- Anyone involved in creating visualizations & data modelling
- Anyone interested in saving huge amounts of time in automating the work involved in creating recurring reports and dashboards
|D3||Power BI for Excel (2 days)
This Power BI course is focused on real-world techniques and goes in-depth into how to get the most from these amazing utilities: Power Query, Power Pivot, Power BI Desktop
|D4||Power Query (Get & Transform) for Excel and Power BI Desktop (1 day)
Power Query is the best thing to happen to Excel in the last 10 years. It gives Excel users the power to draw information out of multiple sources, cleanse and transform that data and load it into Excel, Power Pivot or Power BI Desktop.& It will save you hours of manual data manipulation.
Microsoft Excel MVP, Chartered Accountant (ACA) | LinkedIn |
Wyn is a Senior Manager with Access Analytic, an Australian consulting company that develops AMAZING Power BI and Excel solutions that enable organisations to grow faster, reduce costs and control risk.
Wyn was awarded Microsoft Excel Most Valued Professional status in 2017, an award only held by a handful of Australians. Wyn gained his Chartered Accountant qualification at PricewaterhouseCoopers in the UK in 2000.
He has extensive international Business Analyst experience, having worked with a variety of the UK’s FTSE 100 financial services companies including Halifax Bank of Scotland (HBOS) and Barclays Bank.
Wyn is a highly skilled developer and trainer completing many successful projects in the areas of:
- Power BI
- spreadsheet re-engineering
- management reporting
- budgeting and forecasting
- financial modelling
Benefits & Inclusions
|Practical: Highly experienced facilitators who actively and regularly consult to clients also.|
|Applicable: apply what you learn to your job to further your career.|
|Hands-on: the course is designed to provide maximum hands-on experience.|
|Passionate: Our facilitators love this subject!|
|Clear: we specialise in translating complex subjects into concepts that are easy to understand.|
|On-going help: you can always e-mail the facilitator.|
|USB: includes worked examples, suggested solutions, reference materials, and a large variety of templates that can be immediately applied to kick-start your projects.|
|Comprehensive course notes.|
|Networking: meet industry peers and hear how they approach this subject.|
|Certificate of completion, showing 7.5 hrs of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) per day.|
|… and much more!|
Companies today are demanding increasing value and greater returns from their training budget.
The best way to achieve this is to run in-house courses where we come to your office and provide a customised course for your staff.
- More Relevant: we can customise our courses to suit your training needs and may even be able to incorporate some of your own data or models into the training to make it more relevant and useful for the participants
- More Flexible: schedule the training when it suits you best. You can even schedule the training days across multiple weeks to reduce the impact on workloads & schedules.
- More Convenient: we come to your office so there’s no travel time or cost for your staff. We are happy to travel to remote office locations, interstate or overseas.
- More Affordable: in-house courses are up to 80% cheaper than sending the same number of people on a public course. This lets you train more people for less!
- No hidden extras: we provide a fixed fee up-front that includes all costs
- Small or Large: in-house training is cost-effective for groups as small as 4 people. You can even organise your own group if you wish by combining with other companies/colleagues!
Call us on +61 8 6210 8500 to discuss your requirements or enquire online.
– A 10% discount applies when booking 10+ full days of training in any 30 day period