First Nations Legal & Research Centre is a government-funded organisation that works towards achieving sustainable native title outcomes.
A big part of the business operations is to organise and facilitate meetings with traditional land owners.
Some meetings are small but others can be quite large, with 100+ people invited and attending.
FNLRS were tracking their meetings using a series of spreadsheets they’d developed however this was cumbersome, time-consuming and error prone.
How Access Analytic Helped
We worked with the CFO and other stakeholders to redesign the Excel-based system and extend its functionality to include:
- Ability to send custom, personalised meeting notifications, reminders & travel claim advices via postal mail, email and SMS
- Tracking of responses and recording of travel arrangements for staff and claimants
- Ability to automatically calculate km by integrating Excel with online maps
- Automatically generate staff travel advices
- Automatically import predefined lists of contacts
- Automated reporting
- Streamlined process that saved large amounts of time
- Removed double-handling and rekeying information
- Provided a more personalised and professional way of interacting with claimants and staff