With a rich history that spans 120 years, Peet is an award-winning property group with a diversified portfolio of projects across Australia.
Peet had a reporting system that was struggling to keep up with the volume of data and amount of analysis that was required.
The reporting system utilised Excel add-ins that were no longer supported in the newer versions of Excel.
This resulted in a month end process that was slow to respond to last minute changes and required multiple files for multiple reporting months.
How Access Analytic Helped
We worked with the General Manager – Finance & Business Improvements to redevelop the key monthly reporting file.
We utilised Power Query and Power Pivot to build a reporting model that contained 2 years’ worth of data in a single file, allowing ease of historic comparison.
The report allowed quick “slicing” of the data by Year, Month, State and Entity.
The refresh of the report was reduced from 1 hour down to 40 seconds.
- Significantly reduced time and effort required to produce and update month end reports.
- Enhanced functionality and reporting to provide better analysis and visibility.
- An automated process which was highly flexible and can be changed and adapted quickly to meet the needs of a dynamic business environment.
- Because the reporting system was constructed by Access Analytic, there was minimal impact on the business’s own staff, allowing them to focus on other business critical tasks and projects.
- Introduced key staff to a new technology toolset in the form of Power Query and Power Pivot which has had ongoing business benefits.