G1: Excel Super User (2 days)
Take a leap forward in the way you use Excel. Learn from experts who have years of practical experience and are still developing high quality Excel based applications for clients throughout the region.
|Register your interest and we’ll let you know about future courses|
|Run this course in-house at your company|
What you get from this course
- Advanced formulae that will provide you with increased functionality plus improved spreadsheet structure.
- The power of Microsoft Query and SQL in extracting data directly from databases, accounting systems and other data sources.
- Techniques that will expand your understanding of the vast range of possibilities within Excel.
- The functions used by experts to increase consistency and reduce data entry.
- An awareness of the risk of VLOOKUP and the safer alternatives.
- Active X and Form controls to allow user interactivity while maintaining control of your spreadsheets.
- Powerful data analysis and visualisation techniques to identify trends and anomalies.
- An introduction to Visual Basic programming so that you can write your own customised functions and perform tasks not possible with formulae alone.
- How to use array formulas to do things you can’t do with “normal” formulas
- How array formulas can make your workbooks more robust and secure
- How to harness the power of INDEX/MATCH
- Using OFFSET to produce more flexible and robust formulas
- How SUMPRODUCT can solve formula problems
- Using INDIRECT to improve the power and flexibility of your models
- The benefits of using HYPERLINK to dynamically create hyperlinks
- Autocorrect cheats that make you more efficient
- How dynamic ranges can improve your spreadsheet models and two different techniques to create these.
- What is a Named Formula and when should you use this?
- Input dependent drop down lists
- Combo Boxes v List Boxes
- How to create a powerful Scenario Manager that displays live data from your model under multiple scenarios
- How to create a Dynamic Chart that automatically re-sizes itself depending on the data available
- Formula driven conditional formatting
- Microsoft Query and SQL
- Extracting Data from external sources
- Pivot Table Tricks and new features in Excel 2010 plus Excel 2013
- Introduction to Power Pivot, Power Query and Power Map
- Importing data and linking without lookups
- Creating Custom Fields
- Power Map
- Ways to visualise data that has a geographic aspect
- Extract Sheet Names
- Advanced Concatenate
- Impressive visualisation techniques
- Introduction to VBA and the key components of the VBA Editor
- Recording Macros & what to re-write
- Write VBA code
- Learn about risks and best practice
- Automatic Pivot Refresh
- Automatically show and hide sheets, rows and columns
- Change-tracking code – how to build an audit trail into your models
Who should attend?
Have you looked at all the “Advanced” Excel courses and thought “They’re not advanced”? Well, we have just the course for you!
This course is for users who are confident in their Excel skills but know there is still a huge amount to learn and want to take their skills to the next level.
Facilitator: Wyn HopkinsExcel MVP, B.Sc. (Hons) Accounting & Financial Management | LinkedIn |
Wyn is a Director with Access Analytic, an Australian consulting company that develops AMAZING Power BI and Excel solutions that enable organisations to grow faster, reduce costs and control risk.
Wyn qualified as a Chartered Accountant with PricewaterhouseCoopers in the UK in 2000, before working as an analyst for the FTSE 100 companies HBOS and Barclays.
Microsoft awarded him the status of Most Valuable Professional for Excel in 2017 and 2018. This recognises his expertise and willingness to share his knowledge via blogs, articles and community events.
Wyn is an experienced Trainer and Excel / Power BI Developer.
Since joining Access Analytic in 2007, he has delivered hundreds of amazing solutions for clients including many for Chevron and other leading organisations in Perth.
Benefits & Inclusions
|Practical: Highly experienced facilitators who actively and regularly consult to clients also.|
|Applicable: apply what you learn to your job to further your career.|
|Hands-on: the course is designed to provide maximum hands-on experience.|
|Passionate: Our facilitators love this subject!|
|Clear: we specialise in translating complex subjects into concepts that are easy to understand.|
|On-going help: you can always e-mail the facilitator.|
|Comprehensive course notes.|
|Networking: meet industry peers and hear how they approach this subject.|
|Certificate of completion.|
|… and much more!|
Clients who have 3-4 or more people interested in this course normally prefer to run this course on an in-house basis in their offices.
We can bring all the equipment for up to 8 people so all you need is a room!
- Flexibility: we can combine content from multiple courses to create a custom course just for you, add-on a workshop or some mentoring sessions then run everything at the times that suit you.
- Timing options: if you’re in Perth, we can split courses into half or single days and schedule these at times to suit you
- No hidden extras: our fixed fee includes all materials and equipment costs for up to 10 participants
- Cost effective: no extra fees for extra participants (maximum of 8 per session)
In-House Details & Pricing
- Structure: half-day or full-day sessions
- Location: all courses are available in-house, many are also available in open sessions
- Class size: strictly limited to 10 to allow maximum interaction with the facilitator
- Provided: projector, laptops, manual, CD
- In-house Fees: contact us today to discuss your requirements
In-house Course Fees
Call us on +61 8 6210 8500 to discuss your requirements.
– We are happy to customise our courses to suit your requirements
– A 10% discount applies when booking 10+ full days of training in any 30 day period
– Many courses can also be split into half-days (please enquire)
– Fees for locations outside of Perth do not include equipment
|E5||Maximising your Excel Productivity (1 day)
Hidden shortcuts and techniques that save time and improve productivity.