A2: High-Powered Excel for Finance (1 day)
Advanced Excel features and functions for Finance and Accounting power users, including practical application.
Book for Open Sessions of High-Powered Excel for Finance
Book one or more staff to attend an open session of this course:
Alternatively, register your interest below and we will notify you when future sessions are scheduled in your area.
|Register your interest and we’ll let you know about future courses|
|Run this course in-house at your company|
What you get from this course
- Go far beyond simply explaining Excel’s features and functions!
- Learn how to apply these to get more done and produce reliable, consistent, maintainable, user-friendly results.
- Gain knowledge and skills you can use in your work every day to transform your Excel work and make decisions with confidence.
Useful Techniques & Keyboard Shortcuts
- Control key
- Right click
- The Ribbon & the Quick Access Toolbar
- Referring to Cells & Ranges
- Creating Range Names
- Range Name Box
- Creating Names Automatically
- Defining Names
- AND, OR
- SUMIF/ SUMIFS
- MAX & MIN
- OTHER FUNCTIONS
- Creating a Table
- Table Functionality
- Flexible (Dynamic) Ranges
- Using INDIRECT with Tables
- Creating a Pivot Table
- Analysis with Pivot Tables
- Pivot Charts
- Preset Conditions
- Formula Driven Formatting
- Modifying Conditional Formats
This hands-on course goes far beyond simply explaining Excel’s features and functions – you’ll learn how to apply these to get more done and produce reliable, consistent, maintainable, user-friendly results.
- Key features every budget needs to make it easy to maintain and easy to use.
- The essential functions used by experts to increase consistency and reduce data entry.
- Clever range name techniques that improve reliability and readability.
- Best practices for producing flexible and reliable lookups.
Learn Excel’s hidden shortcuts to many common tasks that can save you hours of time everyday.
Techniques to make maintenance easier and make your models accurate, reliable and robust.
Powerful data analysis and visualisation techniques to identify trends and anomalies.
How and when to apply macros that will speed up the creation of your models
Who should attend?
- Management Accountants
- Financial Accountants
- Cost Accountants
- Business Analysts
- Finance and Cost Analysts
- Finance Managers
- Business Bankers
- Corporate Finance Analysts
Facilitator: Wyn Hopkins
B.Sc. (Hons) Accounting & Financial Management, CA, Excel Expert
Wyn is a Senior Business Analyst with Access Analytic, an Australian consulting company that specialises in providing business analyst tools and services to companies that value financial expertise and need to make decisions with confidence.
Wyn gained his Chartered Accountant qualification at PricewaterhouseCoopers in the UK in 2000.
He has extensive international Business Analyst experience, having worked with a variety of the UK’s FTSE 100 financial services companies including Halifax Bank of Scotland (HBOS) and Barclays Bank.
Wyn has specialist knowledge and experience in industry sectors ranging from oil and gas, through financial services, to telecommunications and agribusiness.
Wyn is highly skilled and has completed many successful projects in areas such as:
– Financial analysis
– Strategic financial modelling
– Financial model auditing
– Management reporting & board packs
– Business budgeting & forecasting
– Excel/ERP systems integration & consolidation
– Value-based management techniques
Feedback from Previous Participants
|Feedback||Initials & Position|
|“Overall fantastic! Well presented!”||S.V., Corporate Finance, BDO Chartered Accountants|
|“Good notes; questions and answers very well handled.”||K.L., CFO, Precise Business Solutions|
|“The course was excellent with very practical examples.”||M.W., Partner, Brearley Quill Kenny Chartered Accountants|
|“The course was very well structured and even though I was an intermediate -beginner excel user, I could easily understand the topics covered.”||M.G., Senior Accountant, Brearley Quill Kenny Chartered Accountants|
|“I genuinely found the course to be excellent.”||L.B., Accountant, Alcock Brown-Neaves Group|
|“I just wanted to thank you again for the training day you ran here in Brisbane. This was the best value training I’ve done in a long time and I’m already putting your tips into practice – still looking for a chance to use sumproduct! :)"||J.J., Senior Accountant Corporate Advisory & Reporting, Queensland Rail|
|Right blend of support to participants.||M.G., ENI Australia|
|Good examples, worked well through during class.||S.M., ENI Australia|
|The course was very well run. The information was tailored to my need and was run at a good pace.||D.B., Bankwest|
|Everything covered was useful, relevant and suited to my experience.||C.R., Bankwest|
|Very relevant to my work. I engaged learning time savings things.||S.J., Bankwest|
|Good course to help with Excel skills. Trainer recommended.||C.A., Chevron|
|Excellent course. The best Excel Course I’ve attended so far.||S.R., Bankwest|
|Great course to help us save tme when working on Excel. Thank you!||D.B., Chevron|
|Great course and very helpful. Looking forward to updating my workbooks.||L.O., Chevron|
|Compared to other Excel courses I have been to this one was definitely the most comprehensive and useful.||C.S., Chevron|
|Really enjoyed the course. Very good tips and insight.||C.S., Chevron|
Benefits & Inclusions
|Practical: Highly experienced facilitators who actively and regularly consult to clients also.|
|Applicable: apply what you learn to your job to further your career.|
|Hands-on: the course is designed to provide maximum hands-on experience.|
|Passionate: Our facilitators love this subject!|
|Clear: we specialise in translating complex subjects into concepts that are easy to understand.|
|On-going help: you can always e-mail the facilitator.|
|CD: includes worked examples, suggested solutions, reference materials, and a large variety of templates that can be immediately applied to kick-start your projects.|
|Comprehensive course notes.|
|Networking: meet industry peers and hear how they approach this subject.|
|Certificate of completion.|
|… and much more!|
Clients who have 3-4 or more people interested in this course normally prefer to run this course on an in-house basis in their offices.
We can bring all the equipment for up to 8 people so all you need is a room!
- Flexibility: we can combine content from multiple courses to create a custom course just for you, add-on a workshop or some mentoring sessions then run everything at the times that suit you.
- Timing options: if you’re in Perth, we can split courses into half or single days and schedule these at times to suit you
- No hidden extras: our fixed fee includes all materials and equipment costs for up to 10 participants
- Cost effective: no extra fees for extra participants (maximum of 8 per session)
In-House Details & Pricing
- Structure: half-day or full-day sessions
- Location: all courses are available in-house, many are also available in open sessions
- Class size: strictly limited to 10 to allow maximum interaction with the facilitator
- Provided: projector, laptops, manual, CD
- In-house Fees: contact us today to discuss your requirements
In-house Course Fees
Call us on +61 8 6210 8500 to discuss your requirements.
– We are happy to customise our courses to suit your requirements
– A 10% discount applies when booking 10+ full days of training in any 30 day period
– Many courses can also be split into half-days (please enquire)
– Fees for locations outside of Perth do not include equipment
|C1||Excel VBA Training Course (3 days)
This VBA course is an introduction to VBA programming for automating accounting and finance functions.
|E3||Excel Data Analysis in Finance (1 day)
Features, functions and techniques for analysing & visualising large data sets using Excel.