A2: High-Powered Excel for Finance (1 day)
Advanced Excel features and functions for Finance and Accounting power users, including practical application.
Register your Interest
Register your interest below and we will notify you when future sessions are scheduled in your area.
|Register your interest and we’ll let you know about future courses|
|Run this course in-house at your company|
This hands-on course goes far beyond simply explaining Excel’s features and functions – you’ll learn how to apply these to get more done and produce reliable, consistent, maintainable, user-friendly results.
- Key features every budget needs to make it easy to maintain and easy to use.
- The essential functions used by experts to increase consistency and reduce data entry.
- Clever range name techniques that improve reliability and readability.
- Best practices for producing flexible and reliable lookups.
Learn Excel’s hidden shortcuts to many common tasks that can save you hours of time every day.
Techniques to make maintenance easier and make your models accurate, reliable and robust.
Powerful data analysis and visualisation techniques to identify trends and anomalies.
How and when to apply macros that will speed up the creation of your models
What you get from this course
- Go far beyond simply explaining Excel’s features and functions!
- Learn how to apply these to get more done and produce reliable, consistent, maintainable, user-friendly results.
- Gain knowledge and skills you can use in your work every day to transform your Excel work and make decisions with confidence.
Useful Techniques & Keyboard Shortcuts
- Control key
- The Ribbon & the Quick Access Toolbar
- Referring to Cells & Ranges
- Creating Range Names
- Range Name Box
- Creating Names Automatically
- AND, OR
- Text functions: CONCATENATE/&, LEFT, RIGHT, FIND, LEN
- MAX & MIN
- OTHER FUNCTIONS
- Creating a Table
- Table Functionality
- Flexible (Dynamic) Ranges
- How to connect to data sources (Excel, databases, text files, web pages etc)
- How to manipulate the data to clean it up & get it into the format required
- Data modelling: how to merge and connect data sets together
- Introduction to DAX and writing formulas for reporting
Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
- Creating a Pivot Table
- Analysis with Pivot Tables
- Pivot Charts
- Preset Conditions
- Formula Driven Formatting
- Modifying Conditional Formats
Who should attend?
- Management Accountants
- Financial Accountants
- Cost Accountants
- Business Analysts
- Finance and Cost Analysts
- Finance Managers
- Business Bankers
- Corporate Finance Analysts
Facilitator: Wyn HopkinsExcel MVP, B.Sc. (Hons) Accounting & Financial Management | LinkedIn |
Wyn is a Director with Access Analytic, an Australian consulting company that develops AMAZING Power BI and Excel solutions that enable organisations to grow faster, reduce costs and control risk.
Wyn qualified as a Chartered Accountant with PricewaterhouseCoopers in the UK in 2000, before working as an analyst for the FTSE 100 companies HBOS and Barclays.
Microsoft awarded him the status of Most Valuable Professional for Excel in 2017 and 2018. This recognises his expertise and willingness to share his knowledge via blogs, articles and community events.
Wyn is an experienced Trainer and Excel / Power BI Developer.
Since joining Access Analytic in 2007, he has delivered hundreds of amazing solutions for clients including many for Chevron and other leading organisations in Perth.
Feedback from Previous Participants
|Feedback||Initials & Position|
|“Overall fantastic! Well presented!”||S.V., Corporate Finance, BDO Chartered Accountants|
|“Good notes; questions and answers very well handled.”||K.L., CFO, Precise Business Solutions|
|“The course was excellent with very practical examples.”||M.W., Partner, Brearley Quill Kenny Chartered Accountants|
|“The course was very well structured and even though I was an intermediate -beginner excel user, I could easily understand the topics covered.”||M.G., Senior Accountant, Brearley Quill Kenny Chartered Accountants|
|“I genuinely found the course to be excellent.”||L.B., Accountant, Alcock Brown-Neaves Group|
|“I just wanted to thank you again for the training day you ran here in Brisbane. This was the best value training I’ve done in a long time and I’m already putting your tips into practice – still looking for a chance to use sumproduct! :)"||J.J., Senior Accountant Corporate Advisory & Reporting, Queensland Rail|
|Right blend of support to participants.||M.G., ENI Australia|
|Good examples, worked well through during class.||S.M., ENI Australia|
|The course was very well run. The information was tailored to my need and was run at a good pace.||D.B., Bankwest|
|Everything covered was useful, relevant and suited to my experience.||C.R., Bankwest|
|Very relevant to my work. I engaged learning time savings things.||S.J., Bankwest|
|Good course to help with Excel skills. Trainer recommended.||C.A., Chevron|
|Excellent course. The best Excel Course I’ve attended so far.||S.R., Bankwest|
|Great course to help us save tme when working on Excel. Thank you!||D.B., Chevron|
|Great course and very helpful. Looking forward to updating my workbooks.||L.O., Chevron|
|Compared to other Excel courses I have been to this one was definitely the most comprehensive and useful.||C.S., Chevron|
|Really enjoyed the course. Very good tips and insight.||C.S., Chevron|
Benefits & Inclusions
|Practical: Highly experienced facilitators who actively and regularly consult to clients also.|
|Applicable: apply what you learn to your job to further your career.|
|Hands-on: the course is designed to provide maximum hands-on experience.|
|Passionate: Our facilitators love this subject!|
|Clear: we specialise in translating complex subjects into concepts that are easy to understand.|
|On-going help: you can always e-mail the facilitator.|
|Comprehensive course notes.|
|Networking: meet industry peers and hear how they approach this subject.|
|Certificate of completion.|
|… and much more!|
Clients who have 3-4 or more people interested in this course normally prefer to run this course on an in-house basis in their offices.
We can assist with the hiring of laptops if required (note: an additional cost applies).
- Flexibility: we can combine content from multiple courses to create a custom course just for you, add-on a workshop or some mentoring sessions then run everything at the times that suit you.
- Timing options: if you’re in Perth, we can split courses into half or single days and schedule these at times to suit you
- No hidden extras: our fixed fee includes all materials and equipment costs
- Cost-effective: no extra fees for extra participants
In-House Details & Pricing
- Structure: half-day or full-day sessions
- Location: all courses are available in-house, many are also available in open sessions
- Class size: strictly limited to 10 to allow maximum interaction with the facilitator
- Provided: projector, laptops, manual, files
- In-house Fees: contact us today to discuss your requirements or open our Chatbot below
In-house Course Fees
Call us on +61 8 6210 8500 to discuss your requirements.
– We are happy to customise our courses to suit your requirements
– A 10% discount applies when booking 10+ full days of training in any 30 day period
– Many courses can also be split into half-days (please enquire)
– Fees for locations outside of Perth do not include equipment
|C1||Excel VBA Training Course (3 days)
This VBA course is an introduction to VBA programming for automating accounting and finance functions.
|E3||Excel Data Analysis in Finance (1 day)
Features, functions and techniques for analysing & visualising large data sets using Excel.