E5: Maximising your Excel Productivity (1 day)
Hidden shortcuts and techniques that save time and improve productivity.
|Register your interest and we’ll let you know about future courses|
|Run this course in-house at your company|
What you get from this course
- Learn the hidden productivity tools that are used by Excel Experts to get more done in the same time.
- Make your charts fly: creating new charts, improving existing ones, and making them all look superb!
- Clever range name techniques that improve reliability and readability.
- Best practices in formulas and formatting that help improve both speed and accuracy.
- Ways to quickly navigate large spreadsheets and find what you need to know.
- Ways to speed up data entry.
- Navigating large sets of data
- Control key
- Shift key
- Alt key
- Mouse buttons
- Techniques for improving efficiency
- Using validation lists to control inputs
- Creating dynamic range names
- Automated data import and clean up with the world’s greatest data washing machine
- Introduction to Power Query’s capability, that will save hours of manual effort
- Replaces a lot of functionality previously only solvable with Macros
- Restricting user input and user access to your sheets and files.
- How to include both summary and detail information on one sheet plus demonstrate benefits of avoiding hiding rows.
- Best practices for designing and working with charts
- Sorting techniques
- Using Autofilter to show top 10 or custom views of the database
- Flagging and removing duplicate entries
- Create your own dashboard using pivot tables and pivot charts
- Value and Date grouping functionality
- Top 10 filters
- Traps to avoid
- Present your summarised data in an easy to interpret manner
- Useful Excel functionality in the most recent versions
VLOOOKUP explained plus alternatives (SUMIFS, INDEX MATCH)
Just some of the things you’ll learn:
- Mouse productivity techniques
- Keyboard productivity techniques
- Control key productivity shortcuts
- Shift key productivity shortcuts
- Alt key productivity shortcuts
- Range name enhancements
- Chart tips and tricks
- Custom lists that save you time
- Clever conditional formatting
- Find / Replace tips
- Grouping to improve readability
- Comments to improve usability
- How to improve your toolbars
- … and much more!
There’s also a question and answer time so you can get answers to all those questions that have been bugging you! … plus many many more ways to improve your productivity and reduce your frustration!
Who should attend?
Facilitator: Wyn HopkinsExcel MVP, B.Sc. (Hons) Accounting & Financial Management | LinkedIn |
Wyn is a Director with Access Analytic, an Australian consulting company that develops AMAZING Power BI and Excel solutions that enable organisations to grow faster, reduce costs and control risk.
Wyn qualified as a Chartered Accountant with PricewaterhouseCoopers in the UK in 2000, before working as an analyst for the FTSE 100 companies HBOS and Barclays.
Microsoft awarded him the status of Most Valuable Professional for Excel in 2017 and 2018. This recognises his expertise and willingness to share his knowledge via blogs, articles and community events.
Wyn is an experienced Trainer and Excel / Power BI Developer.
Since joining Access Analytic in 2007, he has delivered hundreds of amazing solutions for clients including many for Chevron and other leading organisations in Perth.
Facilitator: Yury TokarevChartered Accountant, PhD | LinkedIn |
Yury is a Senior Manager of Business Analysis & is an International Training Specialist at Access Analytic, an Australian consulting company that develops AMAZING Power BI and Excel solutions that enable organisations to grow faster, reduce costs and control risk. Yury has over 15 years’ experience in the development and maintenance of analytical tools and financial models for middle-market companies and large corporates, at all levels of complexity, in both domestic and international settings.
Feedback from Previous Participants
|Feedback||Initials & Position|
|“Great range of information, clear teaching and not too long in duration.”||L.S., Accountant, Cardno|
|“Many very helpful tips!”||C.D., Financial Controller, Boral|
|“Very interesting; spoken in easy language – very easy to understand.”||S.F., Disability Services Commission|
|“Very practical with notes that are step by step.”||C.B., Accountant, Boral|
|“Very professional training! The tips were of great benefit and the course was very easy to understand. I felt I got more out of this training than attending a whole day previously!”||M.S., Finance, Perth Home Care Services|
|“Great to see what Excel can do – even if we don’t use it all the time, it’s good to know it’s there just in case.”||J.S., Senior Accountant, Brearley Quill Kenny Chartered Accountants|
|“It gave me what I was looking for an insight into what Excel can do for my business.”||W.B., Business Owner, Private|
|“I loved the Excel Training yesterday, I learned lots of things I did not know you could do!”||B.D., Finance, Perth Home Care Services|
|“Fabulous teacher!”||N.S., Chevron|
|“Wyn was very patient and provided content on what was relevant to ua.”||M.H., Chevron|
|“Relevant to what we need at work.”||D.R., Chevron|
|“Brilliant course! Relevant, appropriate timing, skilled facilitator.”||V.W., Chevron|
|“Wyn was a great facilitator. He was engaging and made the topic interesting and relevant to our roles. This was definitely the best Excel course I have been.”||S.H., Chevron|
|“Thank you for your excellent delivery of this Excel course. Made it easy to understand.”||L.A., Chevron|
|“Thank you, Wyn. Wish I had done this course years ago. This was great to make my excel work more efficient.”||L. G.-F., Chevron|
|“Excellent! The best course I have taken and look forward to applying new skills immediately.”||T.P., Chevron|
|“Wyn H. was an amazing trainer. He operated at effective pace and made the class intersting and relevant.”||A.H., DG|
|“Course was very informative and Wyn was an excellent trainer.”||L.D., Chevron|
Benefits & Inclusions
|Practical: Highly experienced facilitators who actively and regularly consult to clients also.|
|Applicable: apply what you learn to your job to further your career.|
|Hands-on: the course is designed to provide maximum hands-on experience.|
|Passionate: Our facilitators love this subject!|
|Clear: we specialise in translating complex subjects into concepts that are easy to understand.|
|On-going help: you can always e-mail the facilitator.|
|Comprehensive course notes.|
|Networking: meet industry peers and hear how they approach this subject.|
|Certificate of completion.|
|… and much more!|
Clients who have 4 or more people interested in this course normally prefer to run this course on an in-house basis in their offices.
We can bring all the equipment for up to 8-10 people so all you need is a room!
Benefits of In-house Courses
- Flexibility: we can combine content from multiple courses to create a custom course just for you, add-on a workshop or some mentoring sessions then run everything at the times that suit you.
- Timing options: if you’re in Perth, we can split courses into half or single days and schedule these at times to suit you
- No hidden extras: our fixed fee includes all materials and equipment costs for all participants
- Cost effective: usually 50%+ less than sending the same number of people to a public course
In-House Details & Pricing
- Structure: half-day or full-day sessions
- Location: all courses are available in-house, many are also available in open sessions
- Class size: minimum of 4, maximum of 30
- Provided: projector, laptops, manual, CD
- In-house Fees: contact us today to discuss your requirements
In-house Course Fees
Call us on +61 8 6210 8500 to discuss your requirements.
– We are happy to customise our courses to suit your requirements
– A 10% discount applies when booking 10+ full days of training in any 30 day period
– Many courses can also be split into half-days (please enquire)
– Fees for locations outside of Perth do not include equipment
|A2||High-Powered Excel for Finance (1 day)
Advanced Excel features and functions for Finance and Accounting power users, including practical application.
|E3||Excel Data Analysis in Finance (1 day)
Features, functions and techniques for analysing & visualising large data sets using Excel.